Friday, February 19, 2010

Viva Los Leones!


Not much happening here in Tainan so I though I'd write a post about another Lions team that I've found out about. Actually, after doing a quick google search I learned that there are a ton of teams that go by the name "Lions". But check out this team. Notice anything familiar?

Orange and green!

Now a few years ago our local (Uni-) Lions changed their color scheme from green, red, yellow, and white to green,orange, and white (please see this great article for pro Taiwan baseball uniform info of the 90's). This seems to have been done in order to match the team with the 7-11 convenience stores (whose name became part of the team's official one- the Uni-President 7-Eleven Lions...ugh). Personally I think orange and green is not the best way to go for a sports franchise, but considering the sponsorship angle, it kinda makes sense.

I have no idea why this team in Mexico chose orange and green for a team called the Lions.

If you'd like to know a little more about the Yucatan Lions, here's their wikipedia entry (but it sucks, the Spanish one is slightly better).

No comments:

Post a Comment